One of the core strengths of the Pocket Watch Database is the large repository of images uploaded by the community. These images are crucial to ongoing research efforts to understand and analyze the available information.
If you own a single watch or an entire collection, uploading images can benefit others and help your own record-keeping.
Adding your watch and uploading photos to the website is easy. Please follow these steps:
- If you have not already done so, create a free account on the Pocket Watch Database website.
- Once you have created an account, login using your email address and password.
- Each time you login, you will be taken to your private “My Collection” page that displays all the watches you have added to your account. To add a new watch, click the “Add New Watch” button in the left sidebar.
- Select the watch manufacturer from the list and enter the serial number from the movement (the “mechanism”). Do not input any numbers stamped on the case. Click the “Next” button. (Alternatively, you can conduct a standard serial lookup in the master database and click the “Save to My Collection” button on the result page.)
- Once the watch has been successfully added to your collection, you will be presented several options to input additional information about the watch including the details about the movement, dial, case, and history.
- To upload an image of the movement, click the “Movement” tab. Then select the image file from your computer using the option under the “Upload New Movement Image” heading. Click the “Save Details” button at the bottom of the page to proceed.
- Once the image has been uploaded, you will be allowed to crop the image down to a square so it can be displayed uniformly on the website.
- Repeat these steps to upload images of the dial and case.