Location: Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Years of Operation: 1892-1969
Factory Building Status: Still standing. Building has been converted into condos.
E.F. Bowman creates a model watch at the Adams & Perry Watch Manufacturing Co.
The first movement was produced at the Adams & Perry Watch Manufacturing Company.
Reorganized as the Lancaster Penn. Watch Co. in Lancaster, Pensylvania.
The Lancaster Watch Co. had manufactured 334 movements.
Reorganized as the Lancaster Watch Co.
Reorganized as the Keystone Standard Watch Co.
The Columbian Watch Co. is organized in Lancaster, Pennsylvania with a capital of $350,000.
The Columbian Watch Co. absorbs the defunct Aurora Watch Co. and moves the factory machinery to Lancaster, Pennsylvania.
Reorganizaed as the Hamilton Watch Co.
First watch is produced by Hamilton Watch Co.
The first Hamilton Watch Co. movement is sold to W.C. Davis, a 17-Jewel Openface 936 Grade Movement, Serial #15.
The 940 Railroade grade watch is discontinued.
Purchased the Illinois Watch Co.
The Elinvar hairspring is patented and utilized in all Hamilton movements produced thereafter.
Hamilton Watch Co. obtains the rights to the "Howard" name.
The 992B Grade is introduced.
Last Hamilton watches are manufactured in the United States.