Location: Springfield, Illinois
Years of Operation: 1869-1948
Production Jewels: 7-23 Jewels
Production Sizes: Wide Variety
Total Production: 5,600,000+
Factory Building Status: Part of the original building still stands and modern structures expand it. The Illinois Environmental Protection Agency is currently operating from the building.
Purchased by Hamilton Watch Co., 1927
The Illinois Springfield Watch Co. begins operations with a capital stock of $100,000.
Construction of the Illinois Sprinfield Watch Co. factory is completed.
First watch manufactured: 15-Jewel Model 1 Stuart Keywind/Keyset
A New York office is opened at 11 Maiden Lane to faciliate sales for the Illinois Springfield Watch Co.
The Illinois Springfield Watch Co. offers its first stem-wind movement.
After struggling financially for a few years, a new company is organized to assume the Illinois Springfield Watch Co. with a capital stock of $250,000.
The Illinois Watch Co. begins offers 8s watches to fulfill growing demand in the ladies market.
The Illinois Springfield Watch Co. is reorganized as the Springfield Illinois Watch Co.
All Illinois Watch Co. movement manufacturing is transitioned to use quick train.
A Chicago office is opened to faciliate sales for the Illinois Springfield Watch Co.
The Illinois Watch Co. begins manufacturing its own mainsprings for usage in movements.
The Illinois Watch Co. first uses soft enamal dials.
The Springfield Illinois Watch Co. is manufacturing 400 movements per day.
The Springfield Illinois Watch Co. is rebranded as the Illinois Watch Co.
The Illinois Watch Co. begins to offer a 4s watch marketed toward ladies. This is the smallest watch avaialble for purchase in America at the time.
The Illinois Watch Co. is manufacturing roughly 400 movements per day and employs about 900 people.
The Illinois Watch Co. decides to manufacturer primarily higher grade movements, those containing 17-23 jewels.
The Illinois Watch Co. is purchased by Hamilton Watch Co. The factory continued operations until 1933. Illinois movements continued to be finished at the Hamilton factory until 1939.