Terms of Service
These Terms of Service constitute a legally binding agreement made between you, whether personally or on behalf of an entity (“you”) and Pocket Watch Database ("Company", “we”, “us”, or “our”), concerning your access to and use of the https://pocketwatchdatabase.com website as well as any other media form, media channel, mobile website or mobile application related, linked, or otherwise connected thereto (collectively, the “Site”).
1. User Representations
By using the Site, you represent and warrant that:
- You are at least 13 years of age, and if you are a minor in the jurisdiction in which you reside (e.g. under 18 years of age), you have received parental permission to use the Site;
- You have the legal capacity and you agree to comply with these Terms of Service;
- You will not access the Site through automated or non-human means, whether through a bot, script, or otherwise;
- You will not use the Site for any illegal or unauthorized purpose;
- Your use of the Site will not violate any applicable law or regulation.
2. User Registration
You may be required to register with the Site. You agree to keep your password confidential and will be responsible for all use of your account and password. We reserve the right to remove, reclaim, or change a username you select if we determine, in our sole discretion, that such username is inappropriate, obscene, or otherwise objectionable.
3. Prohibited Activities
You may not access or use the Site for any purpose other than that for which we make the Site available. Prohibited activity includes, but is not limited to:
- Systematic retrieval of data or other content from the Site to create or compile, directly or indirectly, a collection, compilation, database, or directory without written permission from us;
- Making any unauthorized use of the Site, including collecting usernames and/or email addresses of users by electronic or other means for the purpose of sending unsolicited email, or creating user accounts by automated means or under false pretenses;
- Using a buying agent or purchasing agent to make purchases on the Site;
- Engaging in unauthorized framing of or linking to the Site;
- Tricking, defrauding, or misleading us and other users, especially in any attempt to learn sensitive account information such as user passwords;
- Making improper use of our support services or submitting false reports of abuse or misconduct.
4. Contributions to the Site
The Site may invite you to chat, contribute to, or participate in blogs, message boards, online forums, and other functionality, and may provide you with the opportunity to create, submit, post, display, transmit, perform, publish, distribute, or broadcast content and materials to us or on the Site, including but not limited to text, writings, video, audio, photographs, graphics, comments, suggestions, or personal information or other material (collectively, "Contributions").
5. Supporter Subscriptions
- Payment Terms: The Site offers supporter subscriptions at different rates. The “One-Time Researcher” plan costs $5 and provides perks for 7 days, the monthly plan costs $9 per month, and the yearly plan costs $29 per year. The 7-day plan does not auto-renew, while the monthly and yearly plans automatically renew. Payment for these subscriptions can be made via credit or debit card. The “One-Time Researcher” plan also has a payment option via PayPal.
- Plan Changes: Users can switch or modify subscription plans at any time within their account.
- Subscription Termination: If a user's account has breached the terms of service, we reserve the right to cancel the user's subscription. After subscription termination, the user will lose access to perks at the end of the billing cycle.
- Refund Policy: Refunds for the "One-Time Researcher" plan will be determined on a case-by-case basis but will usually be declined. For the monthly and yearly subscriptions, a refund of the most recent payment will be provided if the user reaches out within two weeks of the payment being processed and at least one other previous billing cycle has been processed and settled without dispute or request for refund. Essentially, no refunds will be granted if the payment was for the first billing cycle.
- Changes to Subscription Plans or Perks: Any changes to perks will be communicated on the website within the subscription portal.
- Auto-renewal Details: Users can turn off auto-renewal at any time within their account. Cancellations must be completed prior to the start of the next billing cycle.
6. Copyright Policy
We respect the intellectual property rights of others. Users retain the copyright to any images uploaded to the Site. However, by uploading images, users grant us the right to use and publish these images on the Site and in print materials. These images are not to be used by third parties unless permission is granted from the original contributor. Several resources published on the Site are in the public domain (not uploaded by users). There is a distinction between public domain material and other modern images and resources. Public domain materials can be utilized and attribution is requested but not required.
7. Limitation of Liability
As the Site contains a large amount of data provided by various contributors, it is possible that some information might contain inaccuracies. Users are encouraged to independently verify information. The Site and its management should not be held liable for any information provided.
8. Changes to the Service
We reserve the right to withdraw or amend our Site, and any service or material we provide on the Site, in our sole discretion without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason all or any part of the Site is unavailable at any time or for any period. From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of the Site, or the entire Site, to users, including registered users.
9. Force Majeure
We shall not be held liable for any delays, failure in performance, or interruption of service which result directly or indirectly from any cause or condition beyond our reasonable control, including but not limited to: any act of God, outbreak of hostilities, riot, civil disturbance, acts of terrorism, the act of any government or authority (including but not limited to refusal or revocation of any license or consent), fire, explosion, flood, theft, malicious damage, strike, lockout, weather, third party injunction, national defense requirements, actions taken by the police, acts or omissions of persons for whom we are not responsible (including in relation to telecommunication or internet failures), and acts or omissions of persons for whom we are not responsible.
The Site is provided on an as-is and as-available basis. You agree that your use of the Site and our services will be at your sole risk. To the fullest extent permitted by law, we disclaim all warranties, express or implied, in connection with the Site and your use thereof, including, without limitation, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement. We make no warranties or representations about the accuracy or completeness of the Site’s content or the content of any websites linked to the Site and we will assume no liability or responsibility for any (1) errors, mistakes, or inaccuracies of content and materials, (2) personal injury or property damage, of any nature whatsoever, resulting from your access to and use of the Site, (3) any unauthorized access to or use of our secure servers and/or any and all personal information and/or financial information stored therein.
These Terms of Service and any policies or operating rules posted by us on the Site constitute the entire agreement and understanding between you and us. Our failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms of Service shall not operate as a waiver of such right or provision. These Terms of Service operate to the fullest extent permissible by law. We may assign any or all of our rights and obligations to others at any time. If any provision or part of a provision of these Terms of Service is determined to be unlawful, void, or unenforceable, that provision or part of the provision is deemed severable from these Terms of Service and does not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
12. Contact Us
In order to resolve a complaint regarding the Site or to receive further information regarding use of the Site, please contact us.